MATERIALS AVAILABLE AT OSU LIBRARIES
OSU Students, Faculty, and Staff can find out about physical items available from the OSU-Cascades Library, as well as the Valley Library and the Guin Library, either online or in person.
- To determine if an item is available at the OSU-Cascades Library, search 1Search, the library catalog. There, you can see if the item you are looking for is available to be picked up from the OSU-Cascades Library.
- Use your 1Search account to request items from the Valley and Guin Libraries and pick them up at the OSU-Cascades Library Front Desk. Requests for items at the Valley or Guin Libraries take around 1-4 business days to be available for pick-up at the OSU-Cascades Library front desk.
Look for the "Request OSU's Copy" link in 1Search to submit your request. Visit 1Search now
MATERIALS NOT AVAILABLE AT OSU LIBRARIES
If you are looking for an item not available at any of the OSU Libraries, you can request Summit items through 1Search or you can place an InterLibrary Loan request.
- Summit allows you to request items available at partner institutions. Requests take around a week to be fulfilled and will be available for pick-up at the OSU-Cascades Library Front Desk.
- InterLibrary Loan allows you to request items that are not available at OSU or through Summit. OSU Library Staff will search other libraries for what you need and requests take around 2 weeks to be fulfilled. Once available, they can be picked up at the OSU-Casacades Library Front Desk.
- Article and book chapter requests through InterLibrary Loan may be delivered within a couple of hours of placing the request. They will be sent to you electronically and can be accessed through your InterLibrary Loan account.
You can log into 1Search here and you can find Interlibrary Loan here.
Course Reserves are textbooks that can be found at the Library Front Desk and check out for varying time periods. You can find a list of this term’s Course Reserves through FirstSearch, on our Course Reserve page, or by stopping by the Front Desk to speak with a staff member to see what is available.
Do you have current textbooks that you don't need anymore? We accept donations of current textbooks!
OSU-Cascades Library Course Reserves can be viewed in 1Search here.
Tip: Include "Cascades" when searching for your course to see only Cascades items (ie. Cascades COMM 321).
The OSU-Cascades Library has equipment like headphones and laptops available for loan. You can find a list of available equipment through FirstSearch or you can stop by the Front Desk to speak with a staff member to see what is available.
- OSU General Collection items loan out to OSU undergraduates and their affiliates, OSU retired, OSU alumni, Oregon Card holders for 30 days. OSU faculty, graduate students, and staff receive a loan period of 180 days.
- OSU Media Collections, including DVDs and CDs, loan out for 1 week to all patrons.
- Summit items loan out to all patrons for 6 weeks and are not renewable. Summit Videos and Special Materials loan out for 6 days and are also not renewable.
- The Loan Period and Renewal Availability for InterLibrary Loan items is determined by the library that lends the item to us.
RENEWALS, RETURNS, & RECALLS
OSU General Collection Items can be renewed if no other library users have placed a request on the item. Renewals can be done through your FirstSearch account or you can visit the Library Front Desk to have a staff member assist you.
OSU, Summit, and InterLibrary Loan items can all be returned to the Library Front Desk during our open hours. When the Library is closed, a book drop is available outside our Front Door.
Please be aware that all OSU General Collection Items are subject to being recalled if another library user requests them. If an item you have checked out is recalled, you will be notified via email.
FirstSearch is where you can track your library loans, renew items, check due dates, and request more items. Once you have logged in, you can access your account by clicking on your name in the top right corner and selecting “My Account.”
Questions? Need help? Contact the OSU-Cascades Library Staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (541) 322-2079.
COCC's Barber Library
OSU students also have access to COCC's Barber Library. Search their catalog or visit in-person.